- On April 15, 2016
Plaza del Lago, North Shore shopping center at 1515 Sheridan Road, announces the 2016 line up for the popular, free summer concert series taking place every Thursday from 6 p.m.- 8 p.m., starting June 30 through August 4.
“Plaza del Lago’s stunning Spanish-style design with the breathtaking North Shore backdrop, provides pitch perfect acoustics and an intimate, accessible venue—all for free, every Thursday from 6 p.m.-8 p.m. We are thrilled with the level of talent for this year’s summer concerts,” says Plaza del Lago’s Laura Moss.
Plaza del Lago Summer 2016 Concerts include:
- June 30— CONJUNTO—Chicago’s premier Salsa group led by violinist James Sanders.
- July 7— R-GANG—One of Chicago’s best Rhythm and Blues bands specializing in R&B, funk and soul from Motown into the 21st
- July 14— GINGER ROAD—Country with a kick, Ginger Road blends the latest country hits with old school artists like Garth Brooks and Johnny Cash, along with southern rockers like Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers.
- July 21— SPOKEN FOUR—From covering songs of the 1950s-today’s top 40 hits, Spoken Four’s vocalists and musicians get audiences on their feet and dancing.
- July 28— SEMPLE— Fronted by one of the Chicago’s most prominent lead singers, Keith Semple, this high energy band takes audiences on a generational tour of music genres from 70’s Rock to modern pop to party and alternative punk rock.
- August 4— MOSS/REALTIME—Fans will sway to the pizzazz of modern jazz.